Sunday, August 02, 2009

Q: Do you have any plans to move to a one-story house?

Q: Do you have any plans to move to a one-story house, or will you be staying in your current two-story house?

A: Oh yes! We decided in June of 2008 that we will someday move to a one-story house. It’s just a bad time right now with the economy. Houses are hard to buy and hard to sell right now, and our current one has a great mortgage on it. Currently, I have a stair lift, so I can definitely live in this house a few more years. Eventually, we will get a new house. We will probably one we build from the ground up in order to make it completely wheelchair friendly. We will need all wider doorways, tiled floors, maybe lowered sinks and surfaces in the kitchen, and ramps to the outside. I’m sure there are lots of other options too that will make my life easier. I will research those things when the time is a little closer. I know I want access to the food pantry, that will be nice!

No comments: