Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nothing much here.

Hey everyone. Nothing much happening here. I just thought I'd enter a new blog entry to announce a boring, wonderful, nothing new life. I love it!

We had lots of friends over today, for the kids to play with, and for the moms to talk -- always fun!! So glad we did that.

Went to my other doctor yesterday, and we're going to try new types of medicine for a whole other thing I have. It should be a nice improvement.

I'm so done with diagnosing and doctors and stuff, it was so nice, very refreshing, to go to a different doctor for a whole different reason. I love it, because it symbolizes where I am in my life, which is a place in which I couldn't care less about the wheelchair. It's just so not a big deal anymore. I can't even seem to answer anyone's questions about it anymore -- sorry for those of you whose questions I haven't been able to answer, you're not alone -- I just can't think on it anymore. I'm just done, and I've moved on. For me, it's a wonderful thing! I'm very happy. Just like with the doctor yesterday, I've been trying to figure that other problem out for decades, and yesterday I was just like "sure, I'll take whatever you think, I have no opinion or preferences on the matter. I've done no research, and I'm totally happy to just go with whatever you think." :-) Brian is totally there too. We are happy to just play video games, visit our friends, cook dinner, go places, and live our little lives now. :-)
.
You can tell I'm resting tonight after the playing today -- I just joined Twitter finally. It seemed like the thing to do. :-) I probably won't be tweeting, but just reading updates. If anyone is on Twitter that I should be following, please let me know!

I love Warehouse 13, a new show on SyFy (cable). I really love it, lots of fun! I'm so glad there's a new show out there that I love. That's a rare and precious thing! Artie is my favorite, love Claudia too. And the Studio 54 disco ball thing was hilarious!!

Homeschooling is going well. We're in our 4th week and everything's going great! This is the most organized we've been in school ever, by far, and it's really paying off. It's a great benefit to go into the school room every day and already know what is set out to do that day. I love the history books we're using. The science books are a bit boring, though-- don't be surprised if I switch to something better before the semester's out.

P.E. starts up again for the kids next week! Woohoo!!! Truly the worst part of summer is no PE. The kids love it! It'll be so much nicer when it starts up again, and they can see their friends one extra day of the week (though they already see them plenty now), and get the outdoor exercise they so need to be balanced and calm kids. Can't wait!
.
If any homeschoolers in town want to join PE, let me know and I'll email you their webpage. You can attend the first day for free, to try it out.
.
That's it for tonight. Have a great week! :-)

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love Warehouse 13. I so want to catch that football. I haven't had time (haha) to watch the last couple of episodes, but I look forward to seeing them! Glad you guys are doing so well! I don't tweet, at least not yet. Who knows how bored I will get with all the boys in school!