Saturday, December 08, 2007

That was Barenaked Ladies

Ok, Brian says I shouldn't return to full denial. I'll just admit that I want to return, but I won't, how's that? :-)

Thanks Analisa and Anna. You are great to me. Thanks for the kind words.

As far as my group, I think I'll keep going to every other meeting. Maybe I'll take a friend or Brian with me. I've been having a difference of opinion with someone. I think the root of it is that I hate being an Aspie and she really likes it, and I just don't understand that. I'll tell you about next time we talk, Anna. Thanks for your concern.

So, still sick, two weeks now. First it was a head cold, then it was in my lungs, the same bronchitis and pneumonia I've had all my life. Then, when I thought it was time to get better, I got that ear infection that I got previously this summer. I've been lax on the preventative herbs (echinacea and goldenseal) and zicam this year, so I'm realizing I need to use them like crazy, like I did before, if I want to stay healthy. I can do that. And I'm taking antibiotic ear drops again. My lungs are clearing out, and I haven't had a fever in two days. So, I'm definitely on the path to getting better. I just still need to rest for a few days.

The video isn't Brian, though that was a sweet guess! :-)

No, that's Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies, from their album Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits. http://www.bnlmusic.com/ They're my favorite group. He just recorded songs in his bathroom earlier this year, so this is from that group (The Bathroom Sessions). And ya, the day was just reminding me of that song.

Go here on You Tube to see lots of Bathroom Sessions songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYS0AWSfIB8

Here is the full band playing and the video to the song. The video is interesting because they took video footage from their previous videos, but changed the mouths digitally to make it match up with this new song.



3 comments:

w.W. said...

ANNA--So are you still going to run their website?

Jessica said...

Well, I don't have any advice, but I'm sorry that you're having a hard time, and been sick on top of it. Hopefully you'll feel better soon, and then maybe other things will fall into place on their own.

Brooke said...

Anna. For now, I just took half of what I added to the website back off of the website, because I can't handle being yelled at so much. I have a yelling at limit, and we've reached it. I haven't decided anything for sure yet. I'll give it a month. It's just a rouge member. The leader of the group wholly supports me.

Thanks, Jess. I've never seen things fall into place on their own. I can work towards it, though. :-) It's a very kind thing to say. Thanks.