Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Pollywog Blog

What happens when my favorite band puts out an album of children's music? ..... Finally... music that my kids and I all like to listen to!!! Yay!

The Barenaked Ladies is a odd titled band that is now almost 20 years into their bandhood, and now they're all dads. So, they made an album of all new original kids songs. Below are the videos for probably the two best songs on the album (though I really like a lot of them.) If you like BNL at all, or if your kids are ready for more songs, I highly recommend "Snack Time" by BNL.


Pollywog in a Bog -- by Jim Creegan, bassist




789 -- by Ed Robertson, guitarist



There are a few other videos from this album on You Tube as well. Click here for all of the Snack Time songs on You Tube. I also really like "Things" and "The Ninjas" and "Raisins" and "Crazy ABCs". Sam's favorites are "789" and "Here Come the Geese" and "Drawing" and "Popcorn" and "Pollywog in a Bog". Ok, we like them all!! :-)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I love BNL. What fun we will have listening to these songs.

Mia said...

I love BNL as well and I love rockers who make children's music. We will be getting this one for sure.