Monday, July 07, 2008

It's been ordered!

I really shouldn't blog tonight, since I only have two woking fingers on each hand today. The thumb and the index fingers work almost all the way, the rest are curled up and won't come out to play, probably not until sometime tomorrow mid-morning, as usual. That happens often, so I'm getting used to it. I guess this is what they call 'hen picking' at the keyboard. But I'm just so happy that I've told everyone about my life now, so I don't have to keep it all to myself anymore and I can keep you updated as things happen. :-)

After a very long week of researching, I finally placed two very big orders this morning. I ordered the stair lift, which might be here for Brian to install as early as this weekend. Also, I ordered my new wheelchair. Since I needed a 2nd one for upstairs, we decided to make my current one the upstairs chair and get a new, much better one for the rest of the time. I didn't get a very nice one the first time because I was thinking it would be for part time use. But, since I'm using it more and more all the time, it's time to get a good one that will allow me to go off-roading! --ok, maybe not off-roading, but not quite confined to sidewalks so much, I can't wait to show it to you, but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks while they make it.

I'm thinking today that I might name it Zoe. It's dark blue, which seems more Zoe to me than Ellie. But then I have synesthesia, and I think of colors when I think of numbers and letters, so that's why I have to change the name if it's the wrong color. Zoe is blue-black to me, whereas Ellie is yellow, so that doesn't fit. (My sister says that the scientists would love to study my brain!) :-)

No comments: