Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Weekend of Rest

What a restful weekend. We rested, had lots of quality family time, got some things done. It was wonderful. For one great morning this weekend, we all laid up in our master bedroom. Brian was creating scheduling and planning calendars on his computer, which is fun for him, the boys were playing internet games on my computer, and I was on the bed reading. It was heaven!

I got a bad ear infection this weekend. Sunday and Monday I just rested most of the time, it hurt too much for me to do anything. Then, Monday night I couldn't sleep because I couldn't get the pain level low enough for me to fall asleep. Yesterday, with the holiday over, I went to the doctor.

The doctor says I had an outer ear infection. I said, that’s good, right? Sounds like it’s not chronic, etc. She said, ya, it’s better in the long run. Still hurts plenty. So, it’s outer, meaning from the ear drum out, which explains why I’m all swollen around the neck, and the outer ear is very swollen and red, the teeth on that side won't touch each other, and the ear itself hurts the most. She gave me two kinds of ear drops. One is an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory, the other is an ear pain killer. I'm so happy to get them.

Today, just one day later, I feel so much better. I've also been on goldenseal for four days, so I'm sure that is helping as well. I actually got up and did some housework! I'm so happy.

Side note, Sam says that his stuffed dog Ryan is having a birthday today, and is turning 10. So when I'm done with this blog, I'll go to that "birthday party".

So, earache aside, it was still quite a wonderful weekend that I wanted to tell you about. I finished two books that I was reading, which always feels good. My kids and I got three straight days of Brian-time, which is invaluable! :-) He needed it too, because he was so tired at the beginning of the weekend. He slept half of Saturday. He finally started getting caught up on his sleep by Sunday.

We got to go to Sharper Image, which is a store that has served us well. Our Quadra air filter broke last week, and we found out that it was still covered by the warranty. So we brought it in to the store and got a free replacement. We were sure to get the warranty again. :-) Also, Brian wanted a table top fan, so we got a nice small tower fan. We've never had a tower fan before, but the technology on a basic fan has improved so much, it's a nice treat to see this fan. The other treat is that the fan, and the replacement air filter both have the new O3 to O2 converter. I didn't have that on my last filter. The filter generates O3, ozone, to clean the air, but the new converters on the fan and the filter convert ground level ozone to oxygen. So, to sum up, the air quality in my home is really improving. :-)

Literacy Note of the Day: It's possible that the new temple in Jerusalem could be built without destroying the Dome of the Rock mosque. This location could be it, as seen on this site. They have some really good arguments stating that the original location of the first and second temples in Jerusalem were not exactly where the Dome of the Rock is, but between the two mosques. I really like their reasonings, and the Western Wailing wall really makes a lot more sense this way. Look it up, fun stuff.

I also wanted to share with you that Alex keeps telling me how much he loves Summer Break, because there's no school, there's less work, and there's more free time to play. He's said it a lot, and I'm happy every time he says it. Not only because it means my son is happy, but because it also means that I worked him plenty hard during the school year. If he's noticing a huge relief in his life when school's out, then I'm doing my job in homeschooling. That's great to know!

No comments: