Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Alex Graduated 1st Grade! ...and garden pictures

Congratulations Alexander!! He just finished his year's worth of work and graduated 1st Grade!!!

Alex and Sam both celebrated today!

Here, and below, are some pictures I took from our garden and backyard this morning. Our wildflower garden patch is starting to flower, and it looks great!

Here's a great bumblebee that we saw visiting our flowers.

Butterflies were there as well. It's quite an amazing butterfly week here in Texas, they're everywhere!

Last Saturday Brian and our neighbor finished getting this section of fence back up. We've had a hole here for about two months. Now, hopefully, bats will come and live in the new bat house attached to the fence post here (although, truthfully, I think it's too late in the year, and we may have to wait until next Spring).

Baby oranges are starting to grow...

.... and baby peaches ...

... and baby apples!!!

Our bookshelves should be ready for pickup this weekend, so I'm getting ready. This bookshelf seen edge on is the one I'm going to stain a darker color this week, to match the new ones that are coming. I just moved it out of my bedroom last night. The bookshelf on the left we don't know what we're going to do with, maybe put it in a boy's room... but all of those books will need to be moved to the new shelves.
The blue mopping bucket in the center of the photo has my small display items, mostly shells and rocks, and also shells and rocks from family members (they know me well). :-)

Also, you can see on the floor here about two bookshelves worth of books, that we had to put on the floor as we prepare for the shelves. So, if you wanted to bring your toddlers to my house to play, we'd love to have you, but... I'll have to ask you to wait until next week! :-)

And finally, here's a great picture of a weekend nap that Sam and Papa took. Alex tried to get in on the fun as well, but was enjoying himself too much to fein sleep.

No comments: