Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today's Update

Thank you so much for all of the kind words here and in emails!! I have the best friends in the world. Thank you. I really appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts, I know it will be of help during my quest. :-)

Today, I got the results back from the Second Opinion doctor looking at my cervical spine MRI. He agrees that there's something there from c4-c7, but doesn't know what it is. Could be an artifact or not. He recommends redoing that MRI, but this time doing cervical-thoracic, both with contrast.

I think that's a great idea, since the thoracic scan is my ultimate goal here anyway. And contrast can only help, right? :-)

Anyway, that's all that doctor could do, he's a neurosurgeon, which I don't need. So, I went back to my first neurologist (who couldn't figure me out), and got a referral for another neurologist, and made an appointment with him today.

That appointment isn't for another two weeks, but at least I finally feel like I'm headed in the right direction. I feel like I might be going to a doctor that can help, and I know I'll have lots of records and test results to show him that might help him find out what he wants to test next.

I've done about 5 rows in my knitting so far, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Of course, there are errors, but hey, it's my first time. I'll bring it tomorrow and you can all show me what to do better. :-)

No comments: