Friday, March 13, 2009

Dance Party -- my house -- be there!



We've been holding our dance party more often. We're trying to do it every week.

Dance Party is a thing we do on Friday nights. We clear out the furniture from the middle of the living room, turn out the lights, get out some blinking colored lights and flashlights, and listen to the dance music that's on the radio. Usually we just rotate through the channels and can get a pretty good mix from 70's & 80's through to current alternative rock. If we ever run out of good music there, we can hook up Brian's computer to the speakers and listen to MP3s. It's a lot of fun!

The kids dance, and also make forts that they play in, and do tricks with the flashlights on the ceiling. Brian and I like the occasional slow dance too. :-) We all just dance and jam like there's no tomorrow.
It's so fun that everytime we do it, I wish I would've invited some friends to come over and dance with us. So, if you want to come over and dance with us, great! Let me know and I'll tell you when our next one is!! I figure we could fit at least 2 more families with kids in our living room/kitchen dance floor. :-)
It's great. Like dancing as a teenager again, but with your husband and kids, which is even better!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

What a fantastic idea! We love music around here, but I never thought of a "Dance Club" atmosphere to go with it! We have spring break next week...maybe a dance club is somthing to throw in the mix!