Saturday, February 28, 2009

Barenaked Ladies Breaks Up


Steven Page explains why he left Barenaked Ladies

Ok, well, I've never had a favorite band before, so I've never had a favorite band of mine change this much. Steven Page is leaving BNL. He's the one with the glasses, on the far left in the picture above. He's the great singer.
.
The rest of the band is staying together. I'm going to stick with the band, instead of Steve. I mean, yes, the man can sing! But Ed and Kevin and Jim write all the good songs. So when it comes down to it, that's what matters.
.
The real hard part is that having two lead singers/songwriters is part of what made the band great. Like the Beatles. However, that much talent and ego probably can't stay together too long.
.
I never got to see all of them in concert personally, and I've been waiting two years for that chance. But I guess I'll still see most of them in concert when they come by next year.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Oh, sad. I mean it might be interesting to see what he does on his own, but BNL won't be the same. I loved the Ed/Steven duets. Shucks.

Brooke said...

Ya, it's true. It just won't be the same. Brian says he loved how there were two voices, so you don't get too tired of just one. Oh well.