Wednesday, May 06, 2009

MRI test done


I think I'm going to always start off a new blog post with a pretty picture, if there are no relevant pictures to include. I have a collection of just nice pictures I like, so I can always grab from them to decorate any visually boring blog post.


I can't believe it's only Wednesday. I feel like I've already done a week's worth of stuff with all of these doctor's appointments.


I got my thoracic-lumbar MRI with contrast last night. Late last night, they started late, then the procedure was really long, so I wasn't out of there until 10:30pm. I was in the tube for just over an hour. At least it was the "open" tube. So, during parts of the procedure I could see some of the ceiling. I hope I stayed still enough, I always worry about that. At least I'm not dizzy now like I am after brain MRIs, that's tough. Today I just have to drink a lot of water to help get the gadolinium out of my system.


So, trying not to be nervous. See, if this test doesn't show anything, then we move on to the painful, and rare tests, where we only test for one rare thing at a time, that will be hard. So, I'm hoping that this test will fhow stuff and we won't have to go randomly taking chunks off me to do more tests. But, God's will be done. I'll just do whatever comes next.


I'll get a written report of the MRI results sent to me in the mail in about a week, so I'll let you know what that says. Then, sometime after that, probably in a few weeks, the doctor's office will call me to make another appointment, so we can decide which further tests to take. Yes, it's all about the patience.


A wise man told me yesterday, though, that I should remember that my life is still occurring. If this takes several months or longer with the doctors, for example, I should remember that it's in the background, and I'm still living my life. Not to put my life on hold while I wait and hope for an answer. That's good advice for me. I needed it. I always like to wrap things up tight and then move on, so when we can't do that, I need guidance of how to get through. This was perfect for me. Thanks!

And thank you again to everyone who is thinking of me and praying for me at this time. I again, could really feel those prayers working while I was in the MRI tube. It gets a little intense in there sometimes. My mom said it's like they put you in a coffin then bang on it with a sledgehammer. She's right (and very funny). This is my 4th MRI, so I already knew what it was like, but this was a double, being both throacic and lumbar, so it was twice as long. But I didn't feel alone, I felt comforted by the Spirit, and I am so grateful for that! Thank you to all of you who are helping me through this!! :-)


Oh, the bike. I haven't decided what to do about the handbike that's for sale that I'm thinking about (pictured above). We've finally determined through email and pictures that it's an XLT Pro, not an XLT, which means it has lots of extra features that will actually be not what I wanted, and that the starting price for a new one is $3k instead of $2k. So, obviously, they want more for it used than I wanted to pay, since they're starting with the higher price. Throw in that the following are all wrong for me: seat size ($400 to replace), wheels, tires (replacable), brakes, and gears. I wanted the XLT versions of all of these. So I'm not sure if it's better to pay a used price for a bike that's not right, and is only a few hundred dollars below what I would pay for the cheaper bike I originally wanted. But then, this is a lot of money we're talking about. I don't know what to do. I'll let you know how it goes.

So, time for homeschooling now. Have a great day!


3 comments:

Mia said...

I love that advice, "remember that your life is still occurring". I could use that often. I hope that the MRI shows something too, mostly so you don't have to do the other tests.

Jessica said...

Tests are no fun, and waiting on test results is even less fun. I hope that they find something they can work with and help you out.

Neese said...

I think you're a rockstar :) It's hard waiting for answers, I know--hope you hear answers soon.