Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MRI Results


Hey there friends. After another longest week in history, I finally got the MRI results today. This is just the written report from the radiologist doctor. It has yet to be interpreted by my doctor. That will happen next time I see him. He's not in the office that often, so his nurse is supposed to call me someday to make an appointment to see him again. But first, we have to give him time to come up with possibilities for further tests for me.


The lumbar scan was clean, as I expected it would be. For the thoracic: there is "dilation of the central canal within the cord at T11". Based on my abilities, I was guessing the damage was around T10, so I was close.

So, whatever that means, I guess we'll know more in a few more weeks. The interesting thing here is the central cord part. My cervical spinal scan (neck) that was done a few months ago showed "slight prominence of the central canal of the cord from C4 to C6-7."

So, whatever's wrong with me, it's definitely in my spine, and it definitely involves the central cord. It's such a great relief to know that much! I'm so happy for this knowledge and that they were able to see it with modern technology!! :-)


I can't wait to see my doctor again and see what he thinks of this, but I know it'll probably be a while, so I'll try to be patient.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Yea! Something to go on! That is good news!

Brooke said...

That was fast Jana! Thanks so much, it is good news. We're in a good direction! Thanks so much for your support!

Mia said...

Hopefully the wait to hear from your doctor will at least feel shorter rather than longer. I am glad that you were able to get the MRI.