Monday, April 16, 2007

Fred Thompson for President

This is the guy I want to win the Republican Nomination. He hasn't even technically entered the race, but he's all set to do so as soon as his obligations to work are completed around June.

I wanted Mitt Romney at first, merely because he was the best of the bunch, but now that this guy is close to throwing his hat in the ring, I'm very excited about it. He's very honest, very straightforward, incredibly smart and experienced, and a good man. And I think I also like that personality, you know he'll do what he says. I trust that; it makes me feel safe.

In the last two or three elections, basically since I've been old enough to vote, I never gave the Primaries more than a passing interest. There were so many candidates, and I always figured they'd pick a good one, then I would vote in the Final Election. But after the last few General Elections, I know that I need to be more pro-active. I see from experience that we can't just sit by and assume either party will choose a reasonable candidate in the Primaries. So, you could say, that's the other reason I'm so gung ho right now. But mainly, it's because I like this guy, I love his positions on the issues, and it's the first time I've really been in favor of someone instead of just choosing the lesser of two evils.

No comments: