Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing Yet


Well, I don't know what's going on with the doctor now.


The blood test should have taken 1-2 weeks. Today marks 3 weeks since I gave the blood for it.


Monday I called my doctor, and he said he checked Friday and that day, Monday, for results, but they were not there yet. He promised he would call me back Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know if he had received results yet.


By Wednesday afternoon, he had still not called. I called the lab that my bloodwork was sent to. They weren't able to tell me the results, but they were able to tell me that they faxed the results to my doctor on Monday, two days prior.


Then I called my doctor again, to make sure he knew that I knew he'd had the results for 2 days now. He got mad, said he was very busy, and that the lab where he picks up results already closed at 12:30 that day, so he'd get them tomorrow. He promised to call me Thursday with results.


Now, it's afternoon on Thursday. 3 weeks after blood was given. Over 3 days since the results were faxed to my doctor, and the third day that my doctor has "promised" to call me.


I kept not posting here to my blog because I figured that at any moment in the last 1.5 weeks I would have that damn test result. But alas, I do not. So, I thought I'd just update you anyway.

It has been almost a year since I first went to a doctor to try to get diagnosed. It was too much for me after a while, I was at my doctor limit, like I am now, so I took a break. Not including that break in between doctors, I've been seeing doctors and getting tests and waiting for results for 179 days so far. That's 6 months! I've been a chair user for 14.5 months, so I'm already used to it and fully adapted, and I just want to get this darn diagnostic stage over with. Homeschool is starting up, I need to get on with my life. 6 months and still waiting! Could you imagine how it would be on nationalized medicine??!! I'd probably literally never get diagnosed.

I really want to get this over with. I have no more energy for this, it must end soon. Please hope with me that it ends really soon! Like that he calls me back this week!! It's not too much to ask, I don't think.

Thank you!! :-)

No comments: