Saturday, February 16, 2008

Improved Library


Yes, I worked on the library again. I know I talk about it a lot, but it's my favorite room in the house. Brian's too. Now that it's finished, I love to go in there in the evenings with a book, some water, and some Mozart. I love it!


We moved the loveseat leather sofa from the living room. Now there are two leather sofas in the living room, and the shorter loveseat one is upstairs in the library. With this great seating, and now that we've moved the tables around, the library is now a place to stop and rest.

A part of the book section.


Here you can see the sofa in its new place, and the tables in theirs.

Now I'll show you gifts from my family that are in my library. Here is a Tornado machine that I got with money from my mom for my birthday. We call it the Vortex of Death. :-)


It really helps with the ambiance in the room. It changes colors, too.

This conch shell is from my sister Kim from when she visited the Florida keys.

This shell and pumice are a gift from my dad from when he went to Hawaii.

This Newton's Cradle is a gift I got for Sam with my mom's birthday money for me.

If you ignore the folders on these two shelves, most of the remaining books were given to me from my dad. They are books that he's ready over and over, so that means a lot to me. The yearbooks on the bottom left from Brian's and my years at Mountain View for Jr. High and High School. There are two of each book because we went to the same school.

Lots of gifts here. The blue ladybug rock was painted for me by my sister Krysten, who is an amazing artist. I know this is just a rock, but you should see what she can do on paper! The little stone turtle is a favorite of mine from my mom, who knows I love tortoises. The two sisters are a gift from my other sister Kim.

The quartz in the center here was given to me from my dad when I was very young one day when he took me to Colossal Cave. I loved seeing that cave with him, and this is my favorite rock out of my whole collection (and that's saying something).

This is a beautiful rock-covered globe given to me from my mom. It's the most gorgous globe I've ever seen, and I've looked for decades. Nothing tops this globe. It is layered (somehow) with beautiful stones to represent each country and ocean. It is one of the reasons I wanted a full library, so that I could properly display it.

No comments: